IAA Malaysia Elects New Exco
As the International Advertising Association (IAA) celebrates its 75th anniversary this year, the Malaysian chapter of the international organization has elected its 2013 Executive Committee. Heading the Exco is newly elected President, John D. Chacko, CEO and Managing Director of Khazanah owned company LeapED Services Sdn. Bhd, who previously served on the board as Vice President in 2012.
Another former member who will serve on the Exco this year is Janet Lee, Director of Ninety Five Percent Sdn. Bhd, who assumes the role of Vice President, following her previous role of Chairman of Training and Development in 2012. Meanwhile, Peter de Kretser, COO of GO Communications Sdn. Bhd, retains his role of Chairman of Public Relations.
The new lineup, however, is not without some fresh faces. Among them, assuming the role of Secretary is Peter Pek, Group Managing Director of Mercatus Plus Sdn. Bhd. Joining him on the team are Managing Director of The Hot Shoe Show & Company Sdn. Bhd., Collier Yong, who assumes the role of treasurer; Executive Director of Magiqads Sdn. Bhd., Sailendra Kanagasundram, who takes on the role of Chairman of Membership & Activity and Regional IBC Director of Unilever (M) Holdings Sdn. Bhd., Bharat Avalani, who was elected Chairman of Professional Development & Education.
Outgoing 2012 President Harmandar Singh of Sledgehammer Communications was voted to stay on the Exco as Honorary Advisor.
“It is indeed a privilege to lead IAA Malaysia through 2013. These are exciting times indeed, especially since the IAA celebrates its diamond anniversary this year. The time is right to reshape and restage the IAA in collaboration with the 75th anniversary. The first of these projects will be the Malaysian Media Conference in July followed by training workshops and social networking events,” said Chacko.
The IAA is a one-of-a-kind strategic partnership which champions the interests of all the disciplines across the spectrum of marketing communications – from advertisers to media companies, agencies to marketing companies and agencies – as well as individual practitioners.
With over 4,000 individual members in over 70 countries, the IAA has become a brand champion allowing the industry to flourish without unwarranted restrictions. This international network encompasses corporate members, as well as institutions and associations.
- IAA Ignite Panel Debate 28 August 2018 : Big brands are doomed to oblivion. Lessons from GE14
- International Advertising Association celebrates 80th Anniversary with new direction.
- ‘Does Creativity Pay?’ stimulates strong opinions at IAA Ignite Debate Series
- IAA Ignite Panel Debate 5 Oct 2017 : Creativity Doesn’t Pay. The Great IP Debate.
- 20 years of Publishing Excellence
- Friends of Friends by the IAA 4 July 2017
- IAA Ignite fires up and hotly debates burning question
- IAA Ignite Panel Debate 17 May 2017 : Who owns the brand? Marketer or consumer?
- IAA Elects New EXCO for 2017/18
- Wine & Cheese Evening 23 Feb 2017
- Notice of AGM to be held on 30 March 2017
- IAA Ignite Panel Debate 30 Nov 2016 : Is the Newspaper Immortal?
- Notice of AGM to be held on 18 March 2015
- Notice of EGM to be held on 28 April 2014
- Notice of AGM to be held on 26 March 2014
- The Inside Track
- IAA celebrates 75 years
- 75th IAA Anniversary Social
- IAA Malaysia Elects New Exco
- AGM to be held on 28 March 2013